On Thursday, TV Tokyo revealed a new visual and the cast for Pocket ni Bōken wo Tsumekonde (Fill Your Pocket with Adventure).
The cast includes:(Top row, left to right in the image above)
- Shō Kasamatsu as Kageaki Hiyama, a colleague of the same age as Madoka at the ADventure advertising agency
- Tomoharu Hasegawa as Kazuchika Kogusuri, ADventure’s sales team member
- Aya Hirano as Yōko Meguro, a designer who has her heart set on meeting highly eligible bachelors on dating apps
- Ryō Sekoguchi as Yūki Koide, ADventure’s youngest employee
- Towa Watanabe as Sora Karasawa, Masako’s son and Pokémon master who gives Madoka gaming advice
(Bottom row, left to right in the image above)
- Muga Tsukaji as Kōichi Yadoya, ADventure president
- Rio Uchida as Midori (a Japanese wordplay on “green”),
- Madoka’s childhood rival who now works at the major competing agency Wonder Create
- Eriko Satō as Masako, the manager of the Rouge cafe where Madoka relaxes and plays Pokémon
- Toshiro Yanagiba in the voice acting role Okidō (a wordplay on the Japanese name for Professor Oak), a storyteller who guides the protagonist
The series will premiere on October 19 in Japan. It stars Nanase Nishino, who is a fan of the franchise.
Nishino is playing the role of Madoka Akagi, the series’ protagonist who arrives in Tokyo to become a creator. However, she finds herself struggling every day.
One day, after almost 20 years, she tried to play Pokémon Red again.
The live-action will premiere on TV Tokyo and other channels on October 19, and 24:30 JST (effectively, October 20 at 12:30 a.m. JST).
On October 24, the series will air on BS TV Tokyo and TV Tokyo 4k, and the series will stream exclusively on U-NEXT.
The Pokémon Red and Pokémon Green games launched in 1996.