As a part of the celebration of Studio Bone’s 25th anniversary, Crunchyroll announced that they would produce a four-part documentary on the animation studio.
The documentary is titled BONES 25: DREAMING FORWARD and will begin streaming on Crunchyroll on February 13, 2024.
The show will go into the making of Studio Bones and its work over the past 25 years.
Crunchyroll is collaborating with a French production company, DeltaRocket, to bring BONES 25: DREAMING FORWARD, and each part will be 24 minutes long.
The four parts that the documentary will include are:
- The History of Bones
- Style and originality
- Successful Adaptation
- Mettalic Rouge: The Future of Bones
The entire documentary is shot in Japan and includes interviews with over 30 personalities, including
- Masahiko Minami (President of the Studio)
- One (Author of Mob Physco 100)
- Shiniciro Watanabe (director of the studio)
- Kafk Asagiri (Creator of Bungo Stray Dogs)
- Monotobu Hori (director of Mettalic Rouge)
- Yuraka Izubuchi (author and series composition writer of Metallic Rouge)
Below is the official announcement trailer for the documentary.
Below is the comment by BONES president Masahiko Minami about the studio:
We wanted to build a place where we could find new forms of expression, new genres, and new themes through creation. Looking back, it was with great joy and gratitude that I rediscovered the works we have been creating with our wonderful friends.