On July 27, the official Twitter account of Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead announced that the episode four premiere of the anime would be delayed to Monday, July 31 at 2:00 a.m. PT.
This delay will only happen for Crunchyroll, Hulu, and Netflix due to production circumstances.
📝Please note the time change for this week's episode. pic.twitter.com/eSP4IgGlTE
— Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead (@Zom100_EN) July 27, 2023
The fourth episode will air during its regular schedule in Japan on July 30 at 5:00 p.m. JST. Although anime will still face delays on Japanese streaming services.
The anime aired worldwide on July 9 and stars the following cast:
- Shuichiro Umeda as Akira Tendo
- Tomori Kusunoki as Shizuka Mikazuki
- Makoto Furukawa as Kenichiro Ryuaki
- Minami Takahashi as Beatrix Amerhauser
The English Dub cast includes:
- Zeno Robinson as Akira Tendo
- Abby Trott as Shizuka Mikazuki
- Xander Mobus as Kenichiro Ryuzaki
- Laura Post as Beatrix Amerhauser
The staff includes:
- Director: Kazuki Kawagoe
- Assistant Director: Hanao Ueda
- Animation Studio: BUG FILMS
- Script : Hiroshi Seko
- Character Designer: Junpeo Fukuchi
- Music Composition: Makoto Miyazaki
- Sound Production: dugout
- Opening Theme: KANA-BOON (Song of the Dead)
- Ending Theme: Shiyui (Happiness of the Dead)
The anime is based on Haro Aso and Kotaro Takata’s Zom 100: Bicket of the Dead manga. In October 2018, the manga was serialized in Shogakukan’s Sunday GX magazine.
Haro and Kotaro’s manga also got nominated for an Eisner Award.
A live-action adaptation of the manga will also debut on Netflix on August 23.
Aso’s previous work, Alice in Borderland, also received a live-action adaptation on Netflix in December 2021.
Viz Media has licensed the manga in English and describes the plot as:
Surviving a zombie apocalypse beats being a wage slave any day! After spending years slaving away for a soul-crushing company, Akira’s life has lost its luster.
He lives in a trash-filled apartment, his pay is abysmal, and he can’t even muster up the nerve to confess his love to his beautiful co-worker.
But when a zombie apocalypse ravages his town, it gives him the push he needs to live for himself. Now Akira’s on a mission to complete all 100 items on his bucket list before he…well, kicks the bucket.