On Tuesday, the official website for the anime adaptation of Yugo Aosaki’s Undead Girl Murder Farce novels revealed a new Promotional Video and a new visual for the anime.
The anime’s cast includes:
- Shin’ichirō Kamio as Reynold Stinghart
- Sara Matsumoto as Fatima Double Darts
- Hideaki Tezuka as Phileas Fogg
- Hidenari Ugaki as Passepartout
- Taiten Kusunoki as Lestrade
- Kousei Hirota as Ganimard
- Tomoyo Kurosawa as Aya Rindo
- Taku Yashiro as Tsugaru Shinuchi
- Makoto Koichi as Shizuku Hasei
- Sayumi Suzushiro as Annie Kerber
- Shinichiro Miki as Sherlock Holmes
- Masaki Aizawa as John H. Watson
- Mamoru Miyano as Arsene Lupin
- Hiro Shimono as Phantom
- Wataru Yokojima as James Moriarty
- Tomokazu Sugita as Aleister Crowley
- Reina Kondo as Carmilla
- Itaru Yamamoto as Victor
- Sōma Saitō as Jack the Ripper
The anime debuted on July 5 and Crunchyroll streams the series worldwide excluding Asia as it airs in Japan under the Undead Murder Farce.
The staff is as follows:
- Director: Mamoru Hatakeyama
- Composition: Noboru Takagi
- Character Design: Noriko Itou (original design by Zeorogo Iwamoto)
- Chief Animation Director & Sub-Character Designer: Naho Kozono
- Music: Yuma Yamaguchi
- Sound Director: Kazuhiro Wakabayashi
Aosaki launched the novel series in 2015. In June 2016, Haruka Tomoyama released the manga version of the Aosaki story in Kodansha’s Monthly Shonen Sirius magazine.
Since then, it has switched to the Nemesis magazine in June 2017. Later, it shifted to the Comic Days website in September 2018.
Kodansha USA Publishing licensed the manga adaptation, and it describes the story as:
The end of the 19th century—a vampire’s wife is murdered, and the detective known as the “cage user” is called in to solve the crime. But there’s more to the detective and the curtained birdcage he carries…after all, when solving a case involving a monster, it might just take one to know one!