In July, Weekly Shonen Jump celebrated its 55th anniversary. To commemorate this, a Japanese website, Goo Ranking, held a poll for the most strong-willed female character in Weekly Shonen Jump.
On September 7, the website revealed the ranking, and Sakura Haruno from Masashi Kishimoto’s Naruto has come in victorious with 1,155 votes.
Maki Zenin from the Jujutsu Kaisen ranked in second with 477 votes.
Below is the ranking of the top 10 strong-willed female protagonists in Goo ranking’s poll:
- Sakura Haruno (Naruto): 1155 votes
- Maki Zenin (Jujutsu Kaisen): 447 votes
- Jolyne Cujoh (JoJo’s Bizzare Adventure): 283 votes
- Kagura (Gintama): 133 votes
- Makima (Chainsaw Man): 144 votes
- Tae Shimura (Gintama): 133 votes
- Yoruichi Shihouin (Bleach): 77 votes
- Bulma (Dragon Ball): 66 votes
- Nami (One Piece): 62 votes
- Kaori Makimura (City Hunter): 48 votes
In the article, the ranking for the top 50 characters was revealed, all of which you can check out on the official article on the Goo Ranking Website.
Sakura fans are exited and happy for her to claim the first place while some don’t think that Sakura deserves the top spot.
Source: Goo Ranking Website