On Thursday, Sony Pictures and Crunchyroll released an English-dubbed trailer for the Psycho-Pas Providence movie’s screening in North America.
The movie will have a few sneak peek screenings on July 11 and 13, with a limited release opening on July 14.
The franchise will commemorate its 10th anniversary with the movie having both Japanese audio and English dub screenings.
On May 12, the movie premiered in Japan, offering various screening options including 4DX, MX4D, and regular screenings.
During its opening weekend, the film secured the #4 position in terms of ranking
The English dub cast for the movie is as follows:
- Kate Oxley as Akane Tsunemori
- Robert McCollum as Shinya Kogami
- Jessie James as Nobuchika Ginoza
- Cherami Leigh as Mika Shimotsuki
- Mike McFarland as Teppei Sugo
- Z. Charles Bolton as Sho Hinakawa
- Lindsay Seidel as Yayoi Kunizuka
- Lydia Mackay as Shion Karanomori
- Erin Kelly Noble as Frederica Hanashiro
- Bruce DuBose as Arata Shindo
- Eduardo Vildasol as Kei Mikhail
- Stephanie Young as Dominator
The staff of the movie is as follows:
- Director: Naoyoshi Shinotani
- Scriptwriters: Makoto Fukami and Tow Ubukata
- Chief Animation Director and Character Designs: Naoyuki Onda
- Color Key Artist: Makiko Suzuki
- Art Director: Shuichi Kusamori
- 3D CGI: GEMBA
- Composing Director of Photography: Eiji Arai
- Editor: Yoshinori Murakami
- Film Composer: Yugo Kanno
- Sound Director: Yoshizaku Iwanami
Sony Pictures and Crunchyroll describe the film as:
“January 2118. Chief Inspector of the Criminal Investigation Department, Akane Tsunemori, receives a report of an incident on a foreign vessel – the body of Professor Milicia Stronskaya has been discovered.
Behind the incident is a group known as the Peacebreakers, a foreign paramilitary organization and a new outside threat who are targeting the professor’s research papers known as the “Stronskaya Document.”
Reunited with Shinya Kogami, a former fugitive from the Criminal Investigation Department, Akane grapples with a case that quickly escalates beyond their expectations.
The Stronskaya Papers could reveal a truth that would shake Japan’s government, and even the Sibyl System, to the core.
It is in this untold story that the missing link is revealed.”