On Tuesday, Sony Pictures and Crunchyroll announced that they will screen the Psycho-pass Providence film in North American theaters. The film will have sneak-peek screenings on July 11 and July 13. The move will have its regular “limited” release opening on July 14.
The movie will have both English subtitles and dubbed screenings.
On May 12, the movie premiered in Japan, offering various screening options including 4DX, MX4D, and regular screenings. During its opening weekend, the film secured the #4 position in terms of ranking.
The staff of the movie is as follows:
- Director: Naoyoshi Shinotani
- Scriptwriters: Makoto Fukami and Tow Ubukata
- Chief Animation Director and Character Designs: Naoyuki Onda
- Color Key Artist: Makiko Suzuki
- Art Director: Shuichi Kusamori
- 3D CGI: GEMBA
- Composing Director of Photography: Eiji Arai
- Editor: Yoshinori Murakami
- Film Composer: Yugo Kanno
- Sound Director: Yoshizaku Iwanami
Ling Tosite Sigure performs the film’s theme song “Alexithymia Spare,” and EGOIST performs the film’s ending theme song “Tōjisha” (The One Concerned).
The cast of the movie is as follows:
- Kana Hanazawa as Akane Tsunemori
- Tomokazu Seki as Shinya Kōgami
- Kenji Nojima as Nobuchika Ginoza
- Shizuka Itou as Yayoi Kunizuka
- Miyuki Sawashiro as Shion Karanomori
- Ayane Sakura as Mika Shimotsuki
- Takahiro Sakurai as Sho Hinakawa
- Hiroki Touchi as Teppei Sugo
- Takako Honda as Frederica Hanashiro
- Kazuhiro Yamaji as Jouji Saiga
- Noriko Hidaka as Dominator
Sony Pictures and Crunchyroll describe the film as:
“January 2118. Chief Inspector of the Criminal Investigation Department, Akane Tsunemori, receives a report of an incident on a foreign vessel – the body of Professor Milicia Stronskaya has been discovered.
Behind the incident is a group known as the Peacebreakers, a foreign paramilitary organization and a new outside threat who are targeting the professor’s research papers known as the “Stronskaya Document.”
Reunited with Shinya Kogami, a former fugitive from the Criminal Investigation Department, Akane grapples with a case that quickly escalates beyond their expectations.
The Stronskaya Papers could reveal a truth that would shake Japan’s government, and even the Sibyl System, to the core.
It is in this untold story that the missing link is revealed.”