On July 3, the official YouTube channel of the Gundam franchise shared a PV for their new animation project, Mobile Suit Gundam: Requiem for Vengeance.
According to the official Gundam Info website, the animated series will stream worldwide with six episodes, each 30 minutes long.
The story focuses on the European Front during the One-Year War, which was made famous by the first Gundam anime.
Iria Sorari is the protagonist of the series, and mecha in the series include the Zeon mobile suit Zku II and the Federation suit Gundam.
On Saturday, at Bandai Namco Filmworks’ Anime Expo industry panel, a video message from the director Erasmus Brosdau was shared.
The staff for the series includes:
- Planning: Sunrise
- Production: Sunrise and Safe House
- Director: Erasmus Brosdau
- Screenplay: Gavin Hignight
- Executive Producers: Naohio Ogata and Gavin Hignight
- Producer: Hiroaki Yura
- Character Design: Manuel Augusto Dischinger Moura
- Mechanical design: Kimitoshi Yamane
- Music: Wilbert Roger II
- Production: Bandai Namco Film Works
The protagonist is voiced by Australian actress Celia Massingham. She also performed the motion capture for the character’s animation.