The preview screening for Hajime Komoto’s Mashle: Magic and Muscles manga revealed April 7, 2023, as the premiere date for the anime.
A full PV for the anime, a second key visual, info on cast and staff members, and theme song artists were revealed as well.
The new cast members are as follows:
- Yuuki Kaji as Rayne Ames
- Yuichiro Umehara as Abel Walker
- Hiroki Nanami as Abyss Razor
The newly announced staff members are:
- Sub-Character Design: Saki Hisamatsu, Nozomi Goto
- Action Directors: Takeshi Matsuda, Hiroaki Gōda
- Color Key Artist: Hitoki Takeda
- Art Setting: Hideyasu Narita
- Art Director: Yu Saito
- Compositing Director of Photography: Akihito Suzuki
- CG Director: Daisuke Fukuda
- Editing: Masato Yoshitake
- Sound Director: Satoshi Motoyama
- Sound Effects: Yui Ando
- Sound Production: INSPION Edge
Taikku Okazaki will be performing the opening song “Knock Out”. Musical group Philosophy no Dance will be performing the ending theme song “Shu Cream Funk” (Cream Puff Funk).
The anime will premiere on April 7 at 24:00 on the Tokyo MX, Gunma TV, Tochigi TV, and BS11 channels. Crunchyroll will stream the anime as well.
Mashle launched in Weekly Shonen Jump magazine in Japan in January 2020. The franchise also includes two novels and an upcoming stage play adaptation.
Both Viz Media‘s Shonen Jump service and Shueisha‘s MANGA Plus service are publishing the manga digitally in English. Viz Media is also releasing the manga in print. Shueisha describes the manga as:
This is a world of magic where magic is used for everything. But deep in the forest exists a young man who spends his time training and bulking up. He can’t use magic, but he enjoys a peaceful life with his father. But one day, his life is put in danger! Will his muscular body protect him from the magic users who are out to get him? Powerfully trained muscles crush magic as this abnormal magical fantasy begins!
Source: Comic Natalie