On July 26, the official YouTube channel of Studio MAPPA released the full trailer of its original anime film Maboroshi.
The trailer features the theme song Shin-on by Miyuki Nakajima. Maboroshi is being made by MAPPA alongside Mari Okada.
The trailer also confirmed new cast members, who are as follows:
- Taku Yashiro, playing Daisuke Sasakura
- Tasuku Hataanaka, playing Atsushi Niita
- Ayako Saito, playing Yuko Sonobe
- Maki Kawase, playing Hina Hara
- Yukiyo Fuji, playing Reina Yasumi
- Setsuji Satoh, playing Mamoru Sagami
The film is set to premiere on September 15, starring Junya Enoki as Masamune Kikuiri.
Other cast members include:
- Reina Ueda plays Atsumi Sagami.
- Misaki Kuno, playing the mysterious girl Itsumi
- Keito Seto, playing Akimune Kikuiri
- Kento Hayashi, playing Tokimune Kikuiri
The staff of the film include:
- Director: Mari Okada
- Assistant Director: Tadashi Hiramatsu
- Chief Animation Director: Yuriko Ishii
- Original Story: Mari Okada
- Character Designer: Yuriko Ishii
- Art Director: Kazuki Higashiji
- Music Composition: Masaru Yokoyama
- Distributor: Warner Bros.
Okada also wrote a novel of the same story, which was released in Kadokawa Bunko on June 13.
Miyuki Nakajima, who is performing the theme song, is the first veteran singer to have performed a theme song for any anime or game.
Nakajima was personally requested by Okada to create the theme song.
She was hesitant at first, as she knew very little about anime or games, but got convinced after reading Okada’s script.