On September 12, ICv2 released its chart of the Top 20 Adult Graphic Novels of August.
In this list, Gege Akutami’s Jujutsu Kaisen Volume 20 ranks at #1.
The ranking of the list was done by Circana Bookscan. The list features 18 manga volumes and 2 non-manga volumes.
Below is the ranking:
- Gege Akutami’s Jujutsu Kaisen, volume 20
- Kevin Eastman’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Last Ronin HC
- Eiichiro Oda’s One Piece, volume 103
- Chugong’s Solo Leveling, Volume 7
- Gege Akutami’s Jujutsu Kaisen, volume 1
- Tatsuya Endo’s SPY x FAMILY, Volume 1
- Koyoharu Gotouge’s Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, volume 1
- Gege Akutami’s Jujutsu Kaisen, volume 0
- Tatsuki Fujimoto’s Chainsaw Man, volume 1
- Tomohito Oda’s Komi Can’t Communicate, volume 26
- Naoya Matsumoto’s Kaiju No. 8, volume 7
- Yusuke Osawa’s Spider-Man: Fake Red
- Iro Aida’s Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun, volume 18
- Gege Akutami’s Jujutsu Kaisen, volume 2
- Tatsuya Endo’s SPY x FAMILY, volume 2
- Kentarou Miura’s Berserk Hardcover, Volume 1
- Tatsuki Fujimoto’s Goodbye, Eri
- Koma Warita and Riku Tsuchida’s Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir, volume 1
- Koyoharu Gotouge and Ryoji Hirano’s Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba – Stories of Water and Flame
- Soichi: Junji Ito Story Collection Hardcover
Eiichiro Oda’s One Piece Volume 103 ranked 3rd on the list.
Following the merger of NPD Group and Information Resources, Inc. (IRI) in 2022, NPD BookScan became Circana Books in March.
Weekly point-of-sale data on print books is collected from over 16,000 venues, including e-tailers, chains, mass merchandisers, independent bookstores, and others.
Circana BookScan covers over 85% of the trade print book industry in the United States. This chart’s rankings are based on per-piece sales.
Some publishers identify graphic novels as predominantly text or art books; ICv2 eliminates those titles from the rankings.
Source: ICv2 Official Website