On Friday, it was announced that Hiro Shimono will play the role of the Phantom in Yugo Aosaki’s Undead Girl Murder Farce anime.
In July, the anime will make its premiere on Fuji TV’s +Ultra block. While the series airs in Japan, Crunchyroll will stream it elsewhere in the world, but not in Asia.
The cast is as follows:
- Tomoyo Kurosawa as Aya Rindo
- Taku Yashiro as Tsugaru Shinuchi
- Makoto Koichi as Shizuku Hasei
- Sayumi Suzushiro as Annie Kerber
- Shinichiro Miki as Sherlock Holmes
- Masaki Aizawa as John H. Watson
- Mamoru Miyano as Arsene Lupin
The staff is as follows:
- Director: Mamoru Hatakeyama
- Composition: Noboru Takagi
- Character Design: Noriko Itou (original design by Zeorogo Iwamoto)
- Chief Animation Director & Sub-Character Designer: Naho Kozono
- Music: Yuma Yamaguchi
- Sound Director: Kazuhiro Wakabayashi
Aosaki launched the novel series in 2015. In June 2016, Haruka Tomoyama released the manga version of the Aosaki story in Kodansha’s Monthly Shonen Sirius magazine.
Since then, it has switched to the Nemesis magazine in June 2017. Later, it shifted to the Comic Days website in September 2018.
Kodansha USA Publishing licensed the manga adaptation, and it describes the story as:
The end of the 19th century—a vampire’s wife is murdered, and the detective known as the “cage user” is called in to solve the crime. But there’s more to the detective and the curtained birdcage he carries…after all, when solving a case involving a monster, it might just take one to know one!