On Monday, Netflix released a trailer for the anime adaptation of Uru Okabe’s Good Night World manga. An October 12 premiere, key visual, main staff, cast, and theme songs were announced as well.
The anime stars (not all character name romanizations are confirmed):
- Daisuke Hirose as Ichi / Taichirō Arima
- Nobunaga Shimazaki as AAAAA / Asuma Arima
- Akio Ōtsuka as Shirō Akabane / Kojirō Arima
- Aya Endo as May / Sayaka Arima
- Aoi Yūki as Pico
- Ryohei Kimura as Leon
- Hiroki Nanami as Sasumata
- Kenjiro Tsuda as Shigatera
- Rie Takahashi as Hana Kamuro
- Inori Minase as Aya Arima
The anime will exclusively stream on Netflix worldwide.
The staff for the anime includes:
- Director: Kastuya Kikuchi
- Script Writer and Supervisor: Michiko Yokote
- Character Design: Rena Okuyama
- Music: Takatsugu Wakabayashi
- Chief Animation Directors: Rena Okuyama, Chinami Sekine, Haruka Sanefuji
- Main Animators: Kazuo Takigawa, Shingo Nakamura
- Monster Design: Kazuo Takigawa
- Prop Design: Akira Otsuka
- Art Design: Ryusuke Shiino
- Color Design: Yukiko Ario
- In-Between Director: Yukie Kaneko
- Director of Photography: Ryō Itō
- CG Director: Kunihiko Mita
- Sound Director: Chikako Yokota
- Sound Effects: Katsuhiro Nakajima
- Editing: Rina Koguchi (IMAGICA EMS)
- Producer: Yasuo Suda
- Production Desk: Nobuo Takagi
- Sound Production: Sonilude
VTuber artist Kuzunoha is performing the anime’s opening theme song “Black Crack,” and VTuber vocal duo Nornis will be performing the ending theme song “salvia.”
In 2016, Okabe debuted the manga on the Ura Sunday service at Shogakukan.
The manga’s first compiled book volume was released by Shogakukan in April 2016, and its fifth and final volume was released in March 2017.
On August 1 at midnight JST, Okabe will publish the Good Night World End prequel manga on Shogakukan’s Manga ONE website.