On Sunday, the staff for Digimon Adventure 02 The Beginning film revealed a new trailer and a poster visual at the “Digi Fes 2023” event.
The trailer also features the Digimon Adventure 02’s original opening theme “Target~Akai Shogeki~” by Kouji Wada.
The will is set to release in Japan on October 27.
The returning cast members for the film include:
- Fukujurō Katayama as Daisuke Motomiya
- Junko Noda as V-Mon
- Arthur Lounsbery as Ken Ichijōji
- Naozumi Takahashi as Wormmon
- Ayaka Asai as Miyako Inoue
- Kouichi Toochika as Hawkmon
- Yoshitaka Yamaya as Iori Hida
- Megumi Urawa as Armadimon
- Junya Enoki as Takeru Takaishi
- Miwa Matsumoto as Patamon
- M.A.O as Hikari Yagami
- Yuka Tokumitsu as Tailmon
New cast members include:
- Megumi Ogata as Rui Owada
- Rie Kugimiya as Ukkomon
The staff includes:
- Director: Tomohisa Taguchi
- Scriptwriter: Akatsuki Yamatoya
- Producer: Yosuke Kinoshita
In a statement, Yosuke Konishita emphasized that the new movie will revolve around the characters from Digimon Adventure 02.
He continued by saying that, in contrast to Taichi/Tai and his friends from the original Digimon Adventure television anime, the crew decided to develop a narrative about Daisuke and his friends since they had a different appeal.
The film’s story is set in February 2012, a little after the stories in the Digimon Adventure tri. anime and the Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna anime. The film will feature main lead Daisuke Motomiya (Davis Motomiya in English) and other main characters at 20 years old.