On Sunday, the official website for the BLUELOCK -Episode Nagi- film released a trailer, announcing April 19 Debut.
A new visual was released as well.
Kota Sannomiya’s BLUELOCK -Episode Nagi- is a spin-off series of Muneyuki Kaneshiro and Yusuke Nomura’s Blue Lock manga.
The cast for the film includes:
- Nobunaga Shimazaki as Seishiro Nagi
- Yuma Uchida as Reo Mikage
- Kazuyuki Okitsu as Zantetsu Tsurugi
- Kazuki Ura as Yoichi Isagi
- Tasuku Kaito as Meguru Bachira
- Yuki Ono as Rensuke Kunigami
- Soma Saito as Hyoma Chigiri
- Kouki Uchiyama as Rin Itoshi
- Hiroshi Kamiya as Jinpachi Ego
The staff for the film includes:
- Director: Shunsuke Ishikawa
- Animation Studio: 8-Bit
- Scripts: Taku Kishimoto
- Story supervision: Muneyuki Kaneshiro
- Character Design: Yusuke Nomura
- Music Composition: Jun Murayama
The spin-off focuses on Seishiro Nagi before he entered the Blue Lock facility.
Kaneshiro and Nomura began serializing the manga in Weekly Shonen Magazine in August 2018.
The series also inspired a TV anime, which premiered in Japan in October 2022.
Kodansha USA is publishing the manga in English in both digital and print formats.
The company describes the plot as follows:
After a disastrous defeat at the 2018 World Cup, Japan’s team struggles to regroup. But what’s missing? An absolute Ace Striker, who can guide them to the win.
The Japan Football Union is hell-bent on creating a striker who hungers for goals and thirsts for victory and who can be the decisive instrument in turning around a losing match…and to do so, they’ve gathered 300 of Japan’s best and brightest youth players.
Who will emerge to lead the team…and will they be able to out-muscle and out-ego everyone who stands in their way?