The Aniplex Online Fest 2023 livestream event held on Sunday announced that A Returner’s Magic Should Be Special anime will debut on October 7.
A new visual PV, new visual, and more cast members were announced as well.
The anime is the adaptation of a Korean webcomic of the same name by Wookjakga.
Asami Seto is joining the cast as Azrest Kingscrown.
The anime’s cast includes:
- Takuma Terashima as Desir Herman
- Sayumi Suzushiro as Romantica Eru
- Natsumi Fujiwara as Pram Schnaizer
The new visual is as follows:
The staff for the anime includes:
- Director: Taishi Kawaguchi
- Script writer and supervisor: Takamitsu Kouno
- Character Design: Hiromi Kato
- Art Director: Eiji Iwase
- Art Assistance: Masahiro Kama
- Art Design: Kazushige Kanehira, Akihiro Hirasawa, Yasuhiro Okumura, Tomoyasu Fujise
- Music Composer: Kenta Higashioji
- Prop Designer: Shotaro Hashiguchi
- Color Key Artist: Aiko Matsuyama
- Editing: Ryoko Kaneshige
- Sound Director: Takatoshi
- Sound Effects: Yasumasa Koyama
Crunchyroll will stream the series as it airs in English-speaking, Latin America, and European countries.
The webcomic is based on an original story by Usonan.
Yen Press is releasing the series in English and it describes the story as:
In a time when the Shadow World has taken over and most of humanity is wiped out, a party of six heroes strives and fails to save the world… But magician Desir Herman is given a second chance when he opens his eyes and finds that he’s gone back thirteen years in the past! It’s now up to him to gather his party once more and stop the greatest catastrophe in human history!
Source: Aniplex Online Fest 2023 livestream