In the early 2000s, Bleach, along with Naruto and One Piece, were the most popular series and were revered as the Big Three of the Shonen Genre.
With the release of the second phase of Bleach: Thousand Year Blood War, fans are more excited than before. So, we decided to share our top 10 quotes from the series.
10. “Would you like me to save you? … Just kidding.” – Gin Ichimaru
Gin is one of the most mysterious and intricate villains in Bleach.
Gin is someone who loves playing with people’s hearts, giving them false hope, and then snatching it back. This is exactly what he did to Rukia with this quote.
9. “If you wield your blade without regard for your own life, you will find yourself unable to protect anything.” – Byakuya Kuchiki
After Rukia uses her Bankai, Byakuya praises her and the power of her Bankai.
He also advised her not to use the bankai hastily, as a single misstep could cost her life.
8. “The act of saving a comrade in need should require no thanks.” – Retsu Unohana
After healing the Visoreds, Shinji, their leader, thanks Unohana for the help. Then Unohona, with this quote, shows how she still thinks of them as allies.
7. “You give me too much credit. These days, I’m just a plain old candy store owner.” – Kisuke Urahara
When Aizen praises Urahara as being as intelligent as him, which is why he is observant of him. Then Urahara humbly denies it and gives this response, showing how he has left his life as a Shinigami.
6. “Even if no one believes in you, stick out your chest and scream your defiance!” – Rukia Kuchiki
From the moment Rukia met Ichigo, she has always pushed him for what he believes in. If not for her support, Ichigo would never have become the shinigami he is today.
5. “Fear Is Necessary For Evolution. The Fear That Could Be Destroyed At Any Moment.” – Aizen Sosuke
Aizen may have redeemed himself in the last moments of Bleach, but there’s no doubting that he was one of the most terrible but fascinating antagonists in Shonen history.
His views were ethically reprehensible no matter how you spun them, but they were reasonable in some warped way.
4. “Big brothers… you know why they’re born first? To protect the little ones that come after them! What kind of brother says that he’ll KILL his own sister? Even a MONSTER shouldn’t say that!” – Ichigo Kurosaki
With this statement, Ichigo shows how he thinks as a person. For him, his family and friends are most important. Through the series, he has shown his care for them again and again.
3. “Change Is Inevitable. Instead Of Resisting It, You’re Better Served Simply Going With The Flow.” – Shunsui Kyoraki
Shunsui Kyraku shares his thoughts on living life properly by embracing the unforeseen changes that occur rather than struggling endlessly to keep things the same.
Shunsui, is frequently located on the sidelines of most episodes. However, he makes up for his lack of screen time with subtle yet motivating statements like this one. Ensuring that no one forgets his presence.
The wisdom he possesses, along with the easygoing manner in which he carries himself, demonstrates that he actually does what he teaches.
2. “What’s that face for? Did you ‘imagine’ I wouldn’t be able to cut you? Just so you know, there ain’t a damn thing your little brain can come up with that I won’t be able to slice through. I’m the Kenpachi.” – Kenpachi Zaraki
After Zaraki truly inherited the name Kenpachi, his first opponent was Gremmy of the Quincies.
With his ability to turn many fantasies into reality, he believed that even Kenpachi Zaraki could not cut him.
Just then, Zaraki cuts his body, which he had made even sturdier than the strongest steel, but Zaraki still cuts him by applying just a bit more force. Proving why he is the true inheritor of the Kenpachi!
1. “I am here. What better security can there be?” – Genryusai Yamamoto
When Quincies enter Yamamoto’s personal quarters, they try to make fun of how easy it was to infiltrate the captain of Gotei 13’s quarter and advise him to put the security up.
Yamamoto then makes this bold statement about his strength and why he needs no bodyguard.